Fat Metaboliser is a dietary supplement that appears to be solely marketed via Holland & Barrett.
The tablets are manufactured by a company called Nutrition Headquarters.
Not much is known about the company, and they do not appear to have an official web presence, but the fact that a store chain like Holland & Barrett are willing to be associated with them suggests Nutrition Headquarters is probably a reputable manufacturer.
This review will look at some of the pros and cons of Fat Metaboliser and list the ingredients and possible side effects.
CLAIMS: To be a clinically proven fat burner for women that includes ingredients especially formulated for a woman’s body.
POSITIVES: Includes some good ingredients.
NEGATIVES: Looking a bit long in the tooth. Been around for ever and isn’t in the same league as some of the latest fat burners to immerge.
SUMMARY: A stalwart, we will give it that, but it is starting to show it’s age. There are now several other fat burners that we recommend over and above.
What is Fat Metaboliser
The Fat Metaboliser sales page does not contain any over-the-top claims about the product’s abilities, but it is equally lacking in information about how the product is designed to work.
It merely states the tablets contain a blend of vitamins, minerals, and botanical extracts that can help users to reach their weight management goals when the tablets are used alongside the accompanying two-week diet plan.
How Does Fat Metaboliser Work
Although no information is provided, the name “Fat Metaboliser” suggests the formulation is designed to provide fat burning benefits, and a quick look at the list of ingredients supports this assumption because most of them are associated with the fat burning process.
Fat burners (that work) generally speed up the metabolism, thereby creating a situation where the body is apt to burn more calories and begin using its stores of body fat for extra energy.
Such formulations may also contain ingredients that can help to break down existing fat cells and aid the mobilization process, but good results require a sufficient quantity of suitable ingredients.
How to Take Fat Metaboliser
Only two tablets are required each day. The first one should be taken in the middle of the morning, the second in the middle of the afternoon.
For best results Fat Metaboliser should be used as part of an overall weight management program that includes a low calorie diet and regular exercise.
In an effort to assist users in this regard, the manufacturers have produced a two-week diet plan and it is available as a free download via the Holland & Barrett website.
What is in the Formula
Two tablets provide:
- Vitamin B6 (2.5mg): An important vitamin that assists the metabolism and is also important for controlling the release of glucose. Vitamin B6 is a common inclusion in weight loss supplements, but many people obtain a sufficient amount of B6 from their normal diet.
- Chromium (200ug): An ingredient that acquired a fat burning reputation in the 1950s after early successes in studies conducted on lab rats. More recent studies of its fat burning potential have provided less favourable results, but chromium is known to be useful for controlling blood sugar levels.
- Cayenne Pepper (5mg): The fat burning abilities of cayenne can be supported by a number of studies. In one study half a teaspoon of cayenne was administered to each of the volunteers and it appeared to cause them to burn calories 10 times faster than normal over a four-hour period. However, the amount provided here is probably insufficient for satisfactory results.
- Green Tea (250mg): A popular ingredient with proven fat burning abilities. Green tea’s potential for providing weight loss has made it one of the mainstays of the diet supplement industry. It is also unusually rich in health-boosting antioxidants, so green tea is always a worthwhile inclusion.
- L-Carnitine Tartrate (10mg): Some experts believe L-Carnitine may have the potential to improve muscle metabolism, but the inclusion rate here is probably too low.
- Kola Nut (50mg): A caffeine provider. Caffeine is excellent for boosting energy levels and can provide appetite suppression. Some studies suggest it may also boost the metabolism and trigger fat burning.
- Uva Ursi Extract (25mg): Also known as bearberry, uva ursi is a plant-based ingredient that is occasionally included in weight loss formulations. It’s abilities as a weight loss provider are far from proven, but it does appear to be an effective diuretic. Any ingredient that can reduce the amount of water retained in the body may create the illusion of weight loss, but the illusion will only continue until supplementation is ceased and water levels return to normal.
Health Advisory & Supplementary Information
Holland & Barrett states Fat Metaboliser is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women and people who are under 18 years of age.
They also warn against using the tablets alongside other caffeine providers (coke, tea, coffee, etc.).
People who have existing health problems, or are taking medication, should seek the advice of their GP prior to commencing supplementation.
This is especially important in the case of diabetics because the tablets contain chromium, which can cause changes to the blood sugar level.
The Holland & Barrett sales page fails to mention if Fat Metaboliser is a vegetarian friendly product, but the tablets may be a viable option for people who are lactose or gluten intolerant because they do not contain any starch, lactose, milk, gluten, or wheat. They are also free from soy, yeast, fish, and porcine.
Where to Buy Fat Metaboliser
Fat Metaboliser is available via the Holland & Barrett website and will likely be a stock item at most of their high street stores.
Two pack sizes are available. A bottle that provides 56 tablets costs £6.49 and the 120 tablet option is £12.89 (prices correct at the time of this review). Fat Metaboliser is sold without a money back guarantee.
Although Fat Metaboliser is not expensive actual value is not just measured in pounds and pence – timescale is also taken to into consideration.
We highly recommend looking at PhenQ.
PhenQ is a multi faceted diet pill that can not only burn excess fat but also help reduce calorie consumption by suppressing appetite and also blocking a portion of dietary fat.
Yes, there is nothing in the formula that would prevent men from using.
Yes, there are no animal products used in the ingredients, capsule casing or packaging.
Currently Holland and Barrett are stocking at £6.49 for 120 tablets.